Master and Bachelor Seminar: Winter Semester 2014/2015: Topics
This is the current list of available topics. The sources should all be accessible via the university network.
The assignment of topics will be done based on preferences. Every student should send a top-3 list with his favorite topics to the organizer.
Note that there are some topics which can be taken by Bachelor and Master students.
- Concurrent Haskell
- Working with Monads in Scala
- The “Lens” package for Haskell
- Phantom types and generalised algebraic datatypes in Haskell
- Creating languages in Racket
- The Haskell QuickCheck Library
- Success typing in Erlang
- Lambdas and Streams in Java 8
- Template Meta-programming for Haskell
- Lazyness vs. Strictness, Streams
- John Hughes. Why Functional Programming Matters.
- Ralf Hinze. Einführung in die funktionale Programmierung mit Miranda. Teubner, Stuttgart, 1992.
- Paul Hudak. The Haskell School of Expression. CUP, 2007. (Chap. 14)
- Richard S. Bird. Using circular programs to eliminate multiple traversals of data. Acta Informatica, 1984.
- Functional Reactive Animation/Programming
- Paul Hudak. The Haskell School of Expression. CUP, 2007. (Chap. 13 + 15)
- Conal Elliott. Simply efficient functional reactivity
- Elliott, Conal, and Paul Hudak. “Functional reactive animation.” In ACM SIGPLAN Notices, vol. 32, no. 8, pp. 263-273. ACM, 1997.
- Wan, Zhanyong, and Paul Hudak. “Functional reactive programming from first principles.” In ACM SIGPLAN Notices, vol. 35, no. 5, pp. 242-252. ACM, 2000.
- Parsing - Parser Combinators
- Scrap your Boilerplate
- Tail-Call-Optimization in Scala
- Type Providers in F#
- Software Transactional Memory
- Concurrent Programming Without Locks
- Data parallel Haskell
- Eventually Consistent Transaction:
- Concurrent programming with revisions and isolation types
- The future(s) of shared data structures
- The Bloom language
- Dependent types: Liquid types in Haskell
- Towards a Formal Foundation of Web Security
- A sound type system for secure flow analysis
- Package patterns for visual architecture recovery
- Focus: A light-Weight, Incremental Approach to Software Architecture Recovery and Evolution
- Recovering Software Architecture from the Names of Source Files
- Scala actors: Unifying thread-based and event-based programming
- Determinacy in Static Analysis for jQuery
- Translating Imperative Code to MapReduce