Compiler and Language-Processing Tools
The lecture will be held in English.
Topics of the Lecture
- Syntax specification of programming and formal languages
- Lexical analysis: scanning, scanner generation, application of scanner generators
- Context free analyses: parsing, parser generation, application of parser generators
- Design and use of abstract syntax
- Context sensitive analysis: name analysis, type analysis, attribution techniques and tools
- Processing of XML documents
- Compilation techniques for procedural and object-oriented languages
- Intermediate languages for compilation
- Semantical aspects and optimization techniques
- Instruction selection
- Register assignment
- Code generation
- Automatic memory management and garbage collection
- Good programming knowledge in Java (or similar language)
- Annette Bieniusa will give the lecture.
- The exercises will be supervised by Houssam Abdoullah and Peter Zeller.
All material for the course can be found in the Moodle learning platform. Please create an account in the Moodle system and join the course.